Monday, February 10, 2020

New Unicorns, and Fairfax

The local Breyer dealer got some of the new 2020 horses two weeks ago.  I meant to go last week and pick up a few, but we had weather.  So I was going to go Wednesday of this week, until I saw the forecast (more weather on Wednesday).  Instead, I went today.  Came home with Fairfax, the new Classic Morgan, and the 3 new Unicorn SM mystery foal sets.  I also want High Tide and the anniversary Saddlebred and Fighting Stallion, but didn't get those today.  Becky didn't get many High Tides, the one Saddlebred had iffy masking, and the Fighter, as it turns out, has overspray speckles around the pinto spots, which I don't care for, so I'll wait for a more subtle one. 

But.  Fairfax is a really nice mold, he reminds me of the UVM Yesteryear resin.  The ones I saw today had iffy paint work on the mane, but I bought the best of the three anyway.  Can't wait to see some of the customs that people do.  More affordable than another Yesteryear.  The new unicorns are good, and at least a few more molds have been 'corned - the cantering WB and Prancing Morgan.  The new foals are great - I like the cantering one the best.  The other one (prancing?) is nice too, but the front legs look too long in comparison to the hind legs. 

And I paid for both Klauses and Trailblazer, so hopefully they'll be here soon. 

No comments: