Wednesday, February 26, 2020

NaMoPaiMo and nail polish horses

Friend Tracy encouraged me to sign up for the National Model Painting Month, so I did, with no real plans.  Stopped in at Becky's Breyers, and Tracy was there painting, so I, on a whim, bought one of the paint-your-own SMs and had a go.  He was started as a buckskin, but that didn't happen. 



Not bad for my first realistic-colored custom, done with craft acrylics.  The shading on the face could be better, but matching the paint colors is an issue.  I think he might look better glossy. 

Then I did a nail-polish pony for my niece, who is lobbying to appropriate all my old Breyers in Mom & Dad's basement.  It's intended to look a  bit like Minnie Mouse. 


Pink and purple are nail polish, the white dots are craft acrylic.  I meant to clearcoat her, but was out of gloss. 

No comments: