Monday, April 25, 2016

New Horses!!

I'm apparently on a vintage kick lately.  "New-new" horses are hard to find in person locally, so I seem to be getting more "new-old" horses on eBay.





The first three came from a semi-annual kids' consignment sale that sets up  in one of the convention centers twice a year.  The two Appys together were $5, and I paid $6 for the bay WB with his yellow barn (but no accessories).  I'm a sucker for that bay, I think I've got three of them now.  So pretty.  The two WBs have rubs on the near shoulder, but nothing else.


This guy is pretty yellowed, but my only glossy grey splatter appy so far (not counting the Running Mare and Foal in a totally different Glossy Grey Appy).  I was watching him on eBay, when I got an email saying the price was discounted 50%.  There was a Buy It Now option, so I did.  $40 plus postage.  Now to sun him outside without risking squirrel nibblings.


This is the QVC SR Jade that I've been wanting forever.  Kept finding them on eBay for $100 or up.  I was just about to bid on one of those when I thought to check the past sales on eBay.  Which is when I remembered bidding on one a few days earlier, and I'd won.  !!  And at about 2/3rds of the price. 

This one had me worried for a bit.  Felt a bit off somehow when I unpacked him, and the hangtag - still on his neck - was blistered and discolored.  I was worried that he might be an odd shrinkie, even though he's about 10 years too late for that.  But a quick wash with Dawn fixed it and didn't take off any of the decorations, so we're good.




And this one, another oldie.  Glossy palomino, in a lovely shade.  Still has the cork/foam pads on his tail and hind feet.  He came in a very under-padded box, I was a little worried opening it, but he made it fine.  It's the gloss, I think.  Nice thick gloss that cushions some of the travel bumps.

No comments: