Saturday, April 2, 2016

My Girl is here


UPS brought the Breyer box yesterday - My Girl is here.  



I was hoping for alabaster, but bay was my second choice, and she's pretty.  No glaring flaws or oopsies (unlike my Storm with the blurry spots).  Her legs look a bit chalky, too.  There's one paint or plastic lump behind her ears, and the paint fades off at her poll more than I'd like, but overall, she's very, very nice.


I also ordered a Glitterati.  I've been looking for one, but he was a 2015 exclusive so Amazon and Breyer were my main options, other than eBay.  Breyer had marked Glitterati down to $39.99, and the Collectors Club discount code actually worked on him as well, so I paid $35, and shipping stayed the same on the order.

Glitterati is amazing.  The buckles on the bridle are painted, and the detail work is really  nice.  The color is great, and the gloss makes it pop.  I just wish the spots on my Storm had been this nice. 

No comments: