Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Stablemates

I am a sucker for the Stablemates, especially the G1 molds, and most extra-especially the G1 Morgans, which are copied from Hagen-Renaker molds.  I was browsing on eBay last week and came across a lot of 3 SMs, all old G1 molds.  One was the Morgan stallion, and although the pics weren't great, I could tell that it was an older Morgan, before the mold deteriorated and the foreleg went kind of sausage-y.  Plus, it was a really old Morgan, the alabaster mistake that was only done for a year or so - it was supposed to be the alabaster Arabian.  So, t here was a Buy It Now option that was fairly reasonable, and I was almost late for the afternoon school run because I was buying these. 


The third is the Thoroughbred Mare in the old bay. 

They aren't pristine - Morgan is yellowed, the others have rubs, and the Arabian has a weird ear, and the back of his near hind didn't get painted at all somehow.  But the Morgan will probably look better with some sun time, and the price was reasonable enough. 

I also got the next SM Club horse, Sylvester. 

This one came out much better  than some others.  None of the mold flaws that Primrose had, and this gloss doesn't have the bubbles that my alabaster rearing SM had on his face, poor guy. 

No comments: