Wednesday, October 8, 2008

More new horses

So, what's going on? I've been buying a few things.

  • a chestnut Show Jumper - couldn't pass him up at $15, since I wanted a braided-mane version of the mold
  • Lippitt Morgan - also $15, I realize the mold doesn't show well, and his stance is all wrong, but he's a pretty color and I like the mold. I still need to replace or refurb my black Morgan. Don't listen to anyone who says that mice won't eat through plastic. The little pests chewed through a bag and went to work on the Morgan's nose and mane.
  • the two sets of last year's JCP Stablemates (bought on clearance, CM-fodder) finally got here. I had them sent to my sister, and she sent them home with my parents after their visit.
I broke down on Monday and ordered one of Breyer's "Web Special" Delia models. It's not here yet, but it was early and my resistance was low. :) From what I've seen, I won't be too disappointed. A 500-run horse for less than $100 seems reasonable, given the $150-ish price for the 350-run Connoisseur horses.

No comments: