Thursday, October 16, 2008

Casualties

Strange things lately. Maybe it's the Halloween season.

I'm missing a Palouse. Can't find her anywhere, I know I haven't sold her. Unless she's still boxed up from the last live show I went to (in March!). I'd swear she was just on the shelf, though. The only other idea is that Toddler Boy toddled off with her, but this place is small enough that she'd be hard to hide.

One of my small Hagen-Renakers (a common, recent one, luckily) turned up broken somehow. It's been packed in cotton and boxed up. I opened the box last night, and one foreleg is floating around loose. Joy.

And I managed to scuff one of the other Palouses last night. I was photographing the Palouse conga before I packed them away for safe-keeping (some of them are notoriously unstable), and put a nice rub on Iskitpe's mane. I saw what I thought was a bit of lint, tried to rub it off, and accidentally peeled off some paint. Never had that happen before. I hope it'll be fairly simple to touch up later on; it's in a variegated part of the mane anyway.

Yeah, yesterday wasn't a good horse-day.

No comments: