Thursday, October 29, 2020

Mixed lot

 Since I've been avoiding estate-sale crowds, I've been spending a good bit of time going through the online listings for the local consignment auction place.  That's where I got the alabaster trio a few weeks back, and a mixed lot of ceramic horses and other animals in the summer.  Today I drove out to pick up the latest batch.  For $4.40, I got an assortment of tiny dishes, and 4 horses.  One is wood, with a Sweden sticker, one is metal, one ceramic, and the fourth one is made of a mystery substance that I can't identify.  Might be celluloid, might be plastic, it's hard to tell.  



Also today, thanks to eBay's daily search emails, I scored a Sam Savitt racing hall of fame puzzle for less than $40 shipped.  Granted, the seller makes no claim about whether it's complete or not, but the next cheapest one is $50 for a claimed-incomplete puzzle, and complete ones are listed now for over $100.  The box of the one I bought looks almost new, so hopefully the last owner was as careful with the pieces as they were with the box.  


Springbok Puzzle Game of Horse Trader PZL5016 Age 12-adult for sale online  | eBay

No comments: