Monday, September 21, 2020

An unpleasant discovery

 Made an unpleasant discovery over the weekend.  Not a surprising one, but still unpleasant.  


Happened to peek into a box with a few old Trads in it - Midnight Sun, a pair of 5-Gaiters, and a Pacer.  One of the 5-Gaiters is Project Universe, and I noticed at first that he was horribly yellowed, more than I remembered him being (wood heat and Dad smoked, so yellowing happened).  Took him out, looked at him, and put him back.  

Later on, I took him out again to show DH how yellow he was, and noticed an oily patch on his neck. 

Yep, I've got a shrinky.  Damn it.  And there will be more, since I bought quite a few horses during the late 80s and early 90s when shrinkies were being made.  There are four that I really hope aren't shrinking when I find them - the Sears Appy SR set (palomino Running Stallion, black Performance Horse, and a blue-grey leopard Stud Spider), and Precipitado Sin Par.  But I'm pretty sure I'll find more, and I'm dreading the discovery. 


No comments: