Monday, April 27, 2020

Where does the time go?

So apparently that was the quarantine gap in the blog. 

I do have a hobby project I'm working on during the Great Exile (sounds better than "lockdown").  One of the local estate sales is doing online sales during the lockdown, and I found a pretty nice shelf unit.  At $50, it was the price of one on Amazon that was about 1/3 of the size. So, with appropriate personal distancing, we went to pick it up.  Had to take it apart to get it in the car, though. It's going to be a big SM unit.  Right now, it's going to hld the G2 and G3 horses.  G1, G4, and G5 are going in the three small ones I already have.  And there will be further weeding, to go along with the 70+ I culled earlier this spring (mostly from blind bags). 

So, for the past week, I've been going through the SMs and the spreadsheet.  Everyone gets a jewelry tag with their number, and I'm marking the spreadsheet so I know which ones I've tagged and confirmed the existence of.  There's still a pretty big pile of SMs lurking somewhere in a closet though.  This is also making me wish Breyer would stop releasing the same horse under different numbers.  I've also got a notion to swear off buying some of the tippier molds.  Certain horses, even with wax, can't seem to stay upright.  The G2 TB, G3 Belgian, and the G5 Andalusian, for example.  And most of the G2 foals. 




This shows why Breyer needs to lay off the Clyde-icorn.  This is after thinning out about a dozen duplicates.  (Also, why I need to stop buying blind bags by mail.)

No comments: