Friday, January 3, 2020

2019 Model Wrap-up

I did a little work with the model spreadsheet last night, after people on Facebook were sharing their favorite 5 models of the year. 

Based on my numbers, I bought or otherwise acquired 208 models last year.  That includes
  • 12 Traditionals
  • 15 Classics
  • 3 Mini Whinnies
  • 2 Porcelain Breyers (the white Circus Ponies)
  • 2 Marx
  • 1 Gladys Brown Edwards trophy
  • 3 Hartlands
  • 1 awesome Hartland clock with horse
  • 3 CollectAs
  • 5 Lakeshores
  • and a whopping 153 Stablemates
The Stablemate flood is all because of the darned blind bags and trying to find the silver and blue Albys.  Which I finally found.  But there are 7 of the pink and green Clydes, 6 chestnut ASBs (I was trying to find a flaxen-mane variation) and a dozen each of the teal Alby and purple Magnolia.  One of the goals for 2020 has got to be thinning out the duplicate SMs, because sheesh.  

Some of the highlights:

The Christmas Candy Cane



Purple unicorn, and unicorn foals



A Lakeshore Status Symbol SR


Corbin, from the Stablemate Club (can't wait to see him in a color with some face color)


Another Lakeshore SR, 1 of 4, that I got in a barter deal (i.e. practically free)

I finally got two of the Tartan Ponies from 10+ years ago, thanks to a lovely Blab member.


This year's Halloween Horse, the lovely glow-in-the-dark Samhain


The Spooky Stablemates - I got all three!


My luckiest day - I took a chance on the Stablemate Club grab bags, and got a Fylkir!  And even the color I wanted most.


Bought a lovely deco Iris, to go with the silver-bay Iris I got.

Hagen-Renaker Drunk birds SR


Found a second curio cabinet, and have it pretty full.



No comments: