Monday, October 26, 2015

Farah

My Farah arrived last week, along with a Warehouse Pacer that I added in.


Farah
She's lovely, overall.  Still with the splay foot, and either from age or overzealous mold cleaning, or just lost-in-the-whiteness, she's lost a lot of her mold detail.  I put her next to an old glossy alabaster PAM that I got earlier this year.  The older mare has more detailing on the cannon bones, and lots more around the head - facial veins, forelock, that kind of thing.

But, Farah is a gorgeous shade of caramelly palomino, with a pinto pattern almost identical to Yellow Mount (extra leg white on Farah, mainly).  And her eyes aremuch, MUCH better than most of my other Vintage Club  horses so far.  They're not perfect, but they aren't the pale grey ghost-eyes, either.

It's time to renew for the Vintage Club, and I need to decide whether to go for another year or not.  Next year's molds are:

  • Man O'War in a glossy charcoal with Stud Spider's Appaloosa pattern
  • Lady Phase and the Action Stock Foal in old-style red roan (my favorite color, possibly)
  • Western Prancer in a glossy black or grey dapple
  • Cantering Welsh Pony, gambler's choice of 3 colors that look like alabaster, honey bay, and palomino from the original Family Arabians
I'm probably going to go for another year; Man o'War is the only one I'm not crazy about, but I love the red roan, and the Prancer, and the CWP in FAS colors could be amazing.   I haven't sold any of my VC horses, or any Breyers at all to speak of, but as soon as the Shelf Project is finished, I may be parting with a few more.  And a couple of VCs that I'm not in love with could be moving on.

Or not.  I'm not joking when I compare my collection to a black hole. 

No comments: