Friday, December 3, 2010

Black Friday Breyers

In a moment of insanity, I drove 40 minutes (1 way) to do my only in-store Black Friday shopping - at Tractor Supply, the land of 20% off Breyers. I could have gotten the Christmas Horse online for the same price, but I was hoping they'd have some of the Classic family sets left. Turned out the only one left was a Far Ute Keno set, and given the lousy masking and overspray on the stallion, I decided to pass on the set.

I did come home with Jewel, the Classic Trail Ride set, and a pair of Schleich moose (mama and baby), but passed on Far Ute Keno and Bet Yer Blue Boons or whatever her name is. I had a hard time finding all the Breyers at first, TSC likes to split the toys up and put a bunch of the gift-type horses (Xmas, etc) in a separate toy-gift area. Which was on the other side of the store from the regular toy area, and there were enough people there that getting from one side to the other took a while. I also got to stand in line for 40 minutes, and was probably lucky that I'd waited until almost noon to drive down. Apparently at opening time, the credit card machine was down, and checkout was taking a while.

No comments: