Wednesday, August 6, 2008

UPS Knocked

My friendly UPS guy just delivered a box with the last 2 "Duke the Wonder Horse" models that TSC sold online. At least I'm pretty sure they were the last ones sold online; I tried to order 3 and they didn't have sufficient stock to fill that order.

I bought 2 Dukes around Thanksgiving last year, too. I wanted one, got two because it would qualify the order for free shipping and I figured that I could pick the one I liked best and it wouldn't be hard to sell the other one. At that time, Dukes were going for $50 or so on Ebay, and I paid $37 for those two. I figured I'd break even at least. Which I eventually did, by selling the spare Duke at a live show for $35.

These two were $4.69 each. That's right, 90% off of the original sticker price. At that price, I had to get two more, either for repainting, donating to a show, or trading for something on my never-ending wish list. Heck, maybe I'll give one to my little boy. These were cheaper than most Schleich horses.

No comments: