Wednesday, March 19, 2008

New (and not so new) horses

Another box in the mail today - a Ruffian and Nokota that someone picked up for me at the Tuesday Morning sale. My local TM had Breyers, but not those two.

Then I unboxed almost a dozen horses that I bought over the holidays. I was hoping to take a few of them to the show this month, but I found more issues than I expected. I opened a beautiful Madison Avenue, only to find a nasty box rub on her non-showing side. My Blue Gold and Cloud's Legacy sets also had paint issues, mostly from rubbing against other horses in the set. Luz de Luna is gorgeous, on the other hand. Too bad the mold doesn't live-show well, but I love it anyway. I also opened up an Ethereal - Earth (heavy 2-piece base!) and Harmonie, who was perfect except for one tiny paint flaw.

No comments: