Monday, March 24, 2008

Home from the show

We got home from Ozark Mountain Live last night, tuckered out. It's the one live show a year that's close enough for me to attend, although I may make it to the show near KC this fall.

Anyway, I sold two horses (Duke and a TH Silver) and came home with four - a repainted H-R Quarter Horse Stallion, a bay Clover china, an old red-chestnut SM Morgan Mare, and the new pinto G3 SM Mustang that I got as a door prize. I was tempted by Cindy's Lakeshore's, as usual, and a couple of PS Chips. I resisted the temptation, so far. The Chips are nice-looking, as far as that goes, but they're tiny and the prices that the new ones go for seems out of line for the size. Especially if it's true that they're now made of the same rubbery stuff that Schleich horses are made of.

As far as show results: I took about 50 horses and came home with 19 ribbons and 8 NAN cards. I missed the class for my Silver Lining resin, darn it, and one SM class. My SMs seemed to do better than the Trads, for whatever reason. I got firsts with my Rubicon and two SM G2 stock horses. My HR Mini Morgans both took seconds, along with 3 other horses. I took half a dozen Palouses, but only one placed - Echo got 3rd. Very strange. My one artist resin got a 3rd, but my only good CM plastic only got a 3rd in a 3-horse class. (I'll admit, though, the other two horses were stunners. This same horse got the Gaited Champ or Reserve Champ a few years ago. I guess he's out-dated or something.)

But, by my calculations, 40% of my horses got ribbons, and 16% NAN'd, so it's not a bad trip.

My pipe dream is to show a bit of performance, enough to get a NAMHSA Merit award for one of my horses. But, with one show a year, and a slightly limited budget, I don't see it happening any time soon. Oh well.

Pictures to come later.

No comments: