Monday, July 27, 2026

Breyerfest 2026

 Well, the last of the Breyerfest boxes has finally arrived.  Flinka arrived first, then the Breyer Classic and Best of Breyerfest SM set.  Then the BF pickup, and last but not least my actual Breyerfest SRs. 

 Both of my SM Hygges were the regular dun version, no deco varation for me.  Did get the bell-tail Mule thanks to my pickup from Chelsea's Model Horses, and a lovely Elk.   The 4-piece one-day SM set got sold out of my cart, so later I bought two of the individuals.  Got a pair of Keflavik, the blue and red new laying mare.  Managed to trade one for Copenhagen (the red and white Belgian) and one for Upsalla (the blue and yellow semi-rearing mustang).  Still want the blue Django, but since the mold is tippy and that's the most popular one right now (selling for $80 and up), I may live without it for a while.  

 


For the Special Runs, I got Wanderer and the matte champagne Scandi Surprise.  Didn't have a Vermeer, so this will be my horse on that mold.  The color is nice, and the mottled muzzle isn't horribly distracting. 

I do like the blue ponies. 

I like the new reclining mare, but I'm okay with swapping both of them for Copenhagen and Upsalla (Upsala?).  I'll eventually get the pinto version from the TSC blind bags. 

Flinka is a great Fjord color, and they did a great job with her.  I need to line her up with my Astrid and Rapunzel for a group shot.  


 

No comments: