Friday, June 28, 2024

The Annual Hagen-Renaker find

 This week was my annual Hagen-Renaker find.  About once a year, I come across a HR or two at an estate sale or auction or something.  Usually minis, although I keep hoping for a nice Design Workshop Swaps or Kelso, or the large Zara or something. This year, it was an auction lot at the consignment auction, for a mirrored tray and about 20 ceramic animals.  Mostly cats and dogs, but hidden in the back, a pair of Hagen-Renaker mini drafts in harness.  I drove down to the auction site to pick them up on Wednesday.  It was a nice drive, but some roads that I would not want to drive in bad weather.   The rest of the animals are nice, mostly made-in-China or made-in-Japan, most likely, but the horses are in fact Hagen-Renakers, and are mint.  No broken legs or anything. 



So cute!  I'll have to put a Breyer G1 Drafter next to them in the curio cabinet.

No comments: