Tuesday, January 2, 2024

2023 partial wrap-up

 So, 2023 is over.  What happened?  Lots of things. 

  • I got a Hartland Lady Jewel, although she's a custom done in acrylics that I plan to strip eventually.  Hopefully the original paint is decent.  
  • Got extremely lucky at an auction and won two vintage Hagen-Renakers, a large Honora and a Laying Fez, at wildly cheap prices.  Same auction lots also had a Mortons horse, a knock-off of a HR Crusader with sequin eyes, and assorted other things. 
  • The big estate sale find was a pair of Art Deco ceramic animals (a gazelle and a ram, or something) and a clear acrylic Manning Modernistic Doe that I almost missed.  
  • I did Virtual Breyerfest again, and had a friend pick up my SRs while she was there in person.  I got Nemea and Scurry, Buggy, two Studebakers (neither were blue), and the SM sets.  

For next year, I rejoined the Stablemates and Vintage Clubs.  Was going to skip the VC for financial reasons, but they're doing a night light next year and I couldn't resist.  

Goals for 2024 include selling off some duplicates, continuing the organization goal, and getting some more photo showing prep done. 

No comments: