Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Breyerfest 2023

 Breyerfest 2023 is in the books.  

Once again, I didn't go in person - I just can't manage the heat and humidity.  So I asked a friend, Margie, who was going, if she would pick up my SRs and Event Horse for me.  In return, I took her and her husband and daughter out for lunch at G & D Steakhouse on their way back home.  

I submitted my priority list to Breyer, and managed to get my top two picks again this year.  Nemea, because I'm a minor-league Classical Civilizations geek and Nemea is painted to look like a Greek or Roman vase with a chariot team on both sides.  Scurry, the non-variation version, because I thought she was cute. 

Along with the All-Access ticket, I got two of the Single Day SM tickets, so I could have access to the online-only horses and two of the single-day SMs.  I bought the second SM ticket when the set of single-day SMs sold out before I got one.  But, of course, I got two Whips, the mini-me Vanner mold, which is my least favorite.  So, off I'll go to the swap groups and see what I can do.  The first day, I ordered Buggy the SM, the plush, and the 5-piece Best of Breyerfest SM set.  Later, I ordered a Studebaker, and even later, I ordered a second Studebaker, hoping for the blue variation.  



Breyer switched to a more environmentally friendly packing this year - the SRs came in paper envelopes with waffle-paper packing instead of bubble wrap and plastic bags.  So far, it seemed to work okay for my horses.  And I do have a pretty good stash of bubble wrap already.

No comments: