Monday, February 1, 2021

Breyerfest preparation

 Breyerfest is coming up, and is all-virtual again this year.  Pandemics suck.  I entered for the VIP ticket drawing every day, but no luck.  The leftover VIP tickets, plus All Access and General Admission tickets, went on sale at noon today.  I had a VIP in my cart, but the checkout button was glitching and I didn't remember the trick.  So, All Access it is.  Then I bought the 4-pack of single-day SMs, since they're available.  Gotta have the Fighting Stallion and that purple Fjord.

Event Stablemates 4-pack | BreyerFest 2021

Overall, I think the All Access will be adequate.  Sure, the VIP lets you pre-purchase the 2 SRs you want, instead of going for the random draw.  But I'm in a spot where I like all of the SRs, but there's not one that I've gotta have, life or death, can't live without it.  So this way, I save some money, and will likely get two horses that I like.  And the LEs (aka store specials) are open issue this year (well, most of them are), so there won't be the rush for those either.  

But I still need to make a ranked list of the SRs for the random drawing.  I think Ansel is going to be #1, then Knossos the bull and Uffington, then Pech Merle, Gran Cavallo, and Seurat.  I'm waffling on Polluck, and I'm not sure where the surprise horse will go. Tassili is my least favorite.  

For the LEs, Josie is interesting but I'm not sure how that paint job will work out. I really want Favrile, probably Apollo, maybe Rheverence, no interest in the crystal, and I'm also waffling on the SM set.  I like the Darwin and Warmblood, neutral on the Paso and Pony, and don't really like the Stargazing QH mold.

No comments: