Wednesday, December 16, 2020

I should have bought a lottery ticket

 Breyer had two lottery Web Specials recently.  The first was a decorator pair on the newer Eberl Andalusian Mare & Foal molds:  La Molina in silver filigree, Masella the foal in blue filigree.  The other was Ursa Major and Ursa Minor (aka Space Bears!): the Bear and Cub in a panda pattern, but with pearl white, and (fuzzy) stars on the blue areas.  My luck was running good - one account got drawn for La Molina, the other got drawn for the bears, and then the first account got drawn on the bears waitlist.  But, given my past record of trying to buy things to re-sell, I just passed on the second set of bears.  


 

The Andalusian pair looks great in pictures with the blue filigree Benasque, but since I didn't win that one, my pair has to make do with the silver filigree Sherman Morgan as the stallion.  Or High Tide, or the silver filigree Callahan.  

The bears are amazing, and will fit in with my blue and space theme collections.  I do wish the stars had been crisper instead of fuzzy airbrushed spots, but oh well.  

No comments: