Saturday, August 25, 2018

Estate-sale Wildlife

I had some estate sale luck recently, purely by luck.  There was an estate sale within walking distance of home.  I stupidly forgot to look at the pictres that the company posts online until the second day of the sale.  About the time the sale opened, I took a quick look through the pictures and saw this one.  And promptly put my shoes on and hustled for the sale.  

 

Unfortunately, I got there in time to see a fellow bringing up an armload to pay for, including a few (Moose, Bighorn) that weren't in the picture, and the foals.  I never saw the bull at all, darn it, but I did come home with all the non-horse critters.  Not sure why no one grabbed them, unless it's because most of them aren't marked as Breyer.  They were all half-price for the second day, and all in decent shape other than the buck.  He's got a broken angler, but has the piece, and for $5 for the pair I couldn't pass them up.  




I'm pretty sure I've got a deer family, and the Holi the Breyerfest elephant, but this is my first Kitten and German Shepherd.  I'm calling the Kitten Kittenzilla, because the scales are sooooo wild.  Kittenzilla could eat SMs for a snack, and have a Classic for lunch.

(9/10/18 postdated)


No comments: