Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Crickets

Wow. I kind of forgot to post here for a while.

It doesn't feel like it, but I have bought some horses lately.

First, the local Target is apparently not carrying Schleich anymore. So I ended up bringing home some of the Elf sets and other random animals when they were marked down to half price. I also got the Classic rodeo set for $6 (75% 0ff) and the SR Rearing Stallion in pinto for $11 or so.

I finally had time to stop at the Kmart in Jefferson City, and found the Classic probably-SR foals set and the Stablemate probably-SR set. Yay. Now if only I could find the Meijer's Frolic Stallion somewhere. No Meijer's in the area, and my sister isn't near one either, now.

I finally had some lucky timing when I ordered the JCPenney Christmas horses. They'd dropped the price to the usual level (instead of the inflated "retail"), but I was waiting for another free shipping code. Instead, they had their Friends & Family weekend sale, 20% off and it applied to toys! That was a better deal than free shipping, and they had discounted shipping for the sale, too. So I got the gaited horse set (I love the MFT) and the Stablemates set for $94 shipped. Score!

I bought Nutcracker Prince in person this month, too. We stopped at the Farm & Home in Bonner Springs on our way to the Renaissance Festival, and they had two in stock at a decent price. Their stock wasn't as good as usual, but still had a decent selection. However, their single RR Stablemates were priced at $5.99, which I think is just a little high.

On the down side, I bought a Breyerfest SR (the dunalino Surprise QH Gelding) from someone semi-local, and it's apparently been lost in the mail, due to drug issues on that mail run. It's been two months now. Sigh.

No comments: