Monday, December 15, 2008

Hollywood Gold & ALS Order

UPS dropped off my American Livestock order today. So much for calling this morning to cancel it (since I found Noelle cheaper elsewhere, and ordered it assuming that AL would be sold out of Noelle before my order shipped).

You have to watch AL. Last year I ordered some Breyers, and didn't find out until I opened the box that half of my order was out of stock. Today, I opened a box to find that two of the things weren't what I thought they'd be.

Instead of the old 4-pc SM set that was pictured on the site ("Contains 4 horses, Palomino Andalusian, Blue Roan Pinto, Sorrel American Quarter Horse, and Bay Saddlebred. (Palomino Andalusian shown) Stablemate Play Set.") , I got the new set with the G3 molds. That's not a bad thing, I only ordered the old set to get the free shipping, and I've been wanting the new set.

The other thing was the SM Pocket Barn - the one on the site was the Vet Barn with the G1 ASB in bay pinto. Instead, I got the new Pocket Barn set with the pinto Paso mare and G3 foal. Ah well. The first error I can see happening - no one updates the photos, both sets with the same name, easy mistake. The second one, though, is harder. My online receipt says Pocket Barn with Horse and Vet (ea) but the shipping invoice says "Pocketbarn w/mare & foal". Harder mistake to overlook, since they're more distinguishable than the 4-piece sets. But, for $5, it's not a big deal. And since the set isn't on the site anymore, and they're advertising a "Close Out" sale, I think there's not much to do about it anyway. Makes me wonder what would have turned up if I'd ordered more than one of those sets, though.

Now, how can I have a box from American Livestock, and two orders from Rural King on the way, and still feel like I never get to shop for Breyers?

No comments: