Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Anticipation

Or, why online shopping doesn't provide the instant gratification that we all like and want now and then. (No matter how good we've gotten at the delayed gratification method.)

I haven't been Breyer shopping in person in months, unless you count the Breyer section at Target - which consists of 4 different SMs and 3 Classics. So I've been shopping online, mostly for used stuff, while I wait to make a whopper of an order at my favorite online dealer. Not so great for the "instant gratification" either, since the selection is pretty meager. They've got a better selection of Schleich horses, actually, at least until they restock. I do have the Schleich Knabstrupper now, and the appaloosa G3 Jumper, thanks to Target.

I just got the shipping notice that my Big Box O' Breyerfest Horses is on the way. Scheduled to be here on Friday. :) No news from the pickup person, so I'm assuming that she got the four on my list. I'll have to wait and see, if I can wait that long. Ideally, I'll have 2 Alborozos, Riesling, Melbourne, Limerick, and Patagonia. Plus, I've got a Pharaoh coming from someone else, because I couldn't resist the Egyptian theme.

I also got some SMs from JCPenney last week, when they were on clearance. However, thanks to JCPenney's weird region system, they weren't available in my area, so I had them shipped to my sister in Detroit. So, while they were delivered to her last week, it'll be a while before she comes to visit. More delays!

In the meantime, since I missed out on the Breyer Grab Bags last week, I bought a Molokai and RSV Inolvidable from someone who did get a Grab Bag. And then I found a great deal on a Brandywine, which I'd been wanting for a while. I've bid on a couple at Ebay, but never won. :( This one has NAN cards, too.

Not that I show much, or will ever show at NAN, but it's neat. I've got intentions, someday, of doing a little performance showing, and would like to campaign one horse enough to get a merit award from NAMHSA. (That's a pipe dream, I know. I've got a minuscule amount of tack, and while I have the budget to buy more, I can't bring myself to pay that kind of money for something I can't see in person and know practically nothing about. Yes, I'm "cheap" as my brother says. I prefer the word "frugal" myself.

No comments: