Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Dreams

I dreamed about Breyers & other models recently.

The first dream, I was in some sort of store that sold odds and ends of surplus stuff, and they had a table full of the next BF horse, Alborozo, and another mold or two. The weird part is that there were so many of them, in some wonky chestnut sort of color - not the grey BF color - and they were all $15 or some oddly low price.

Then, in either another dream or a different part of this one, I was in a book/toy store, and found a corner kind of behind the other shelves, full of old books. And on the top shelves were some old Breyers for sale, mostly smoke and charcoal, I think.

I wish I could remember if I managed to buy some of those or not.

Then, last week, I dreamed that I found some lovely ceramic horses, including a Hagen-Renaker Kelso, dirt-cheap at a yard sale of some kind. Seriously cheap - $30 for a Kelso, who I drool over any chance I get. Okay, he had a broken leg, but the piece was there and it was a clean break. I don't remember what the others were, but they were affordable and gorgeous.

The only time I have this kind of luck is when I'm dreaming. I've yet to find anything droolable at a fleamarket or yard sale. The closest I've gotten is an old black pinto Western Horse with a snap saddle for $12 at a thrift store.

No comments: