Thursday, October 18, 2007

JCPenney Horses

My JCPenney horses were delivered yesterday. I ordered on Sunday with the 20% off code - finally had to do a phone order because the website was hanging repeatedly.

The "Arabian" set is nice, although the name is a puzzler. Still not a fan of the Misty's Twilight mold; it always reminds me of Currier & Ives prints. But maybe she'll make a nice Xmas decoration. The Andalusian is a favorite of mine, in spite of the white over-spray that Breyer used on this color.

The Parade of Breeds set is nice again this year, although I'm not as crazy about the Generation 3 SM molds as I am about the older ones. The feet overall seem too big, and a few molds just look off. The Friesian, and a few others, have ears that would be mule-length in real life, and the forelegs on the rearing Andalusian just look all wrong. On the other hand, the color on the cantering WB is yummy. I like the Paso mold, but those resist-dapples will always give me a cringe, because they just look so unrealistic.

No comments: